ISRO Propulsion Complex
ISRO, Department of Space
Tamil Nadu - 627 133
ISRO Propulsion Complex (IPRC), Mahendragiri is equipped with state-of-the-art- facilities necessary for realising the cutting edge technology products for ISRO’s space research program. Formerly, IPRC was known as LPSC, Mahendragiri and taking cognizance of the future growth of the space program of our nation and the concomitant expansion at Mahendragiri, it was elevated as IPRC with effect from February 01, 2014.
Following activities are currently carried out at IPRC, Mahendragiri:
- Assembly, integration and testing of earth storable propellant engines for PSLV, GSLV and GSLV MKIII launch vehicles
- Assembly, integration and testing of cryogenic engines and stages for GSLV and GSLV MKIII launch vehicles
- Facilities for Assembly, integration and testing of Semi Cryo engine being established at IPRC, Mahendragiri
- Assembly, integration and testing of sub systems for launch vehicles such as turbo pumps, injectors, gas generators, gas bottles, umbilicals etc.
- High altitude testing of upper stage engines and space craft thrusters, as well as testing of its sub systems
- Production and supply of Cryogenic propellants for ISRO’s Cryogenic rocket programs
- Responsible for supply of Storable Liquid Propellants for ISRO’s launch vehicles and satellites programs.
- Facilities for conducting automatic testing of various subsystems of launch vehicles and satellites
- Establishment of structural test facility for pressurized hardware up to 5 metre diameter.
- Calibration and supply of transducers for flight stages
- IPRC is equipped with analysis lab where Modeling of components &facilities, thermo structural analysis and CFD analysis of various sub systems are carried out
- IPRC delivers quality products to meet the zero defect demand of ISRO space program ensuring high standards of safety and reliability.